Sunday, May 31, 2015

Interior Investigation - I want that rug, I want that rug.....


I posted this gorgeous bedroom on my instagram account Friday night. It had sat on one of my pinterest boards for a number of reasons. I loved the high impact of the split painted room that would be so easy to do, but I also loved the colour palette - soft yet not too girlie.
Jess wanted to know how to get her hands on the rug. Detective Brown Button to the rescue!

I'd re-pinned it from an apartment therapy pin but as I investigated further it was lovely to find that the original source was the home life website that is home to the official online presence of Inside Out and Country Style magazines. The room was part of a 'bedroom styled two ways' article that had been styled by Julia Green of Greenhosue Interiors (what an inspiration - in her life before being an incredible stylist she worked as a pharmaceutical sales executive). One day..... one day. Photography by Armelle Habib

So the image being Australian based it was great to know that the rug was available locally.

Unfortunately despite my www investigating over a few 'thinking drinks' (read red wine) - i couldn't find the source.

Next best thing? Find some close/near enough alternatives. Happy Shopping! x





First up, probably the fav of my three finds. The 'Palmette Chenille Wool Kilim Rug' from West Elm. Cotton/Wool mix in two sizes, prices starting from $499.



I found this pretty on a website called "Indelust". Best bit? Free international shipping. Happy Days! Available in three different sizes with prices starting at $262.




Last but not least - an etsy number. It's nice and big. Has to ship from India and it does cost for postage - but at least they do so to Australia.

Julia or Armelle - if you can provide us with the rug source that would be fabulous! But if not - Jess, I hope one of these may do the job instead.

I love a good interior investigation. Are you after something in particular or what to create a particular look? please shoot me an email, i'd love to do some investigating for you  x

UPDATE!!! - thank you to the fabulous Halcyon Lake who identified the rug from their collection via instagram. Its stunning - see more of their gorgeous range here.

No comments:

Post a Comment