Monday, October 13, 2014

Ridiculously good reading.

Are you lucky (yes lucky) enough to have a friend that knows you better than you know yourself? Or knows just what you need when you have no idea yourself?

I am. Lets call her "Benita Sprout".  This year has been full of obstacles that I'm sure not doubt I will look back on and be grateful for - because everything happens for a reason, right? But its fair to say its been tough. Enter Benita and this brilliant bloody book.

It has been heartbreaking, healing, revealing, overwhelming, comforting and so. damn. good.

Cheryl Strayed is a best selling author who spent a few years as Internet agony aunt 'Dear Sugar' - this book is a collection of letters and responses. 

Capturing her incredible life thus far in her memoir, 'Wild' - she brought incredible honesty, compassion and reality to the responses she gave.

Finished the book last night, and have ordered "Wild".

Tiny Beautiful Things - Get this book, read it (with a box of tissues - in a good way. you know what i mean). Share it with friends. Please.



"Wild" was a number one New York Times best seller. Read the blurb here.

It's no wonder her story is set to be released as a movie....


Starring Reese Witherspoon as Cheryl, and screenplay by Nick Hornby - it is going to be good.
See trailer here
Set for release in Australia  22 January 2015.


Cheryl also wrote Torch and its on my 'must read' list too. Read blurb here.

So excited to have found this incredible author, I know she has been doing her thing for a while but "Tiny Beautiful Things" couldn't have come along at a better time for me.

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Tiny Beautiful Things has been on the top of my bedside table's leaning-tower-of-books for MONTHS. Thanks for the heads-up on keeping a box of tissues handy. This is the gentle nudge I need - I think I'll take my copy to the beach for some sunshine reading this weekend. xx

    p.s. I have heard things about that Benita Sprout...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keen to read this as well as 'what I was doing when you were breeding' - just finished Lena's book and as predicted, loved it x

    ReplyDelete